The QLC is designed for citizens 60 years of age and older who enjoy good health and are capable of caring for themselves.
Although the QLC was developed by Bridge Street United Church, there are no denominational restrictions.
Each application is then considered for approval and when the approval has been given, a lease is signed. The Quinte Living Centre maintains a waiting list and when a vacancy occurs, it is filled from that list.
The Quinte Living Centre does recommend that all potential residents discuss the move with their doctor.
- The Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation determines the rent for each of the suites at the Quinte Living Centre.
- At the time you sign your lease, you pay the first and last month’s rent (security deposit) in advance. Rents are due the first day of each month thereafter. (Not applicable to subsizied units.)
* Pre-authorized direct debit is the preferred method for rental payments.
RENT GEARED-to-INCOME (RGI)**
- Rent Geared-to-Income assistance is available for eligible tenants. People needing RGI subsidy must submit all financial information to qualify for assistance including current year’s income, Income Tax return and respective assessment.
- RGI rents are calculated based on 30% of an individuals yearly income. This includes OAS, CPP, GIS and any interest on investments, etc. Rent is recalculated on an annual basis. An additional $30. will be added to the rent for utilities.
** Those wishing to be considered for RGI should make their intentions known at the time they apply and they will be put on a separate waiting list from those applying for market rent. This may may result in a longer waiting period.
All rents include heat, hydro and water**
- Studio Suite – $589.00
- One Bedroom Suite – $812.00
- One Bedroom Accessible Suite – $812.00
- Large One Bedroom Suite – $883.00
- Two Bedroom Suite- $883.00
- Parking is an additional $20 a month